Download VLC Player
Download VLC player and enjoy a free and open source platform multimedia player that plays most multimedia file format, including mp3, WMA, in addition to disc and much more.
The Android app is also available for PCs and can play any video and audio files in addition to network streams. It is one full audio player with complete database, filters and equalizer and can play all strange audio formats.
Download VLC player for android, intended for everybody, for free, with no in-app-purchase, no adverts.
When you download VlC player, you enjoy the folowing features;
* VLC for Android™ plays most local video and audio files, in addition to network streams (including adaptive streaming), DVD ISOs, like the desktop version of VLC. It also support disk shares.
* Supports all formats, including MKV, MP4, AVI, MOV, Ogg, FLAC, TS, M2TS, Wv and AAC. All codecs are included with no separate downloads. It supports subtitles, Teletext and Closed Captions.
* VLC for Android has a media library for audio and video files, and allows to browse folders directly.
* VLC has support for multi-track audio and subtitles. It supports auto-rotation, aspect-ratio adjustments and gestures to control volume, brightness and seeking.
* It also includes a widget for audio control, supports audio headsets control, cover art and a complete audio media library.
To download VLC player and install, it require permission and access to the following;
* Photos/Media/Files to read your all media files
* “Storage” to read your all media files on SD cards 🙂
* “Other” to check network connections, change the volume, set the ringtone, run on Android TV and display the popup view, see below for details.
It may interest you to know the following Permission details;
* It needs “read the contents of your USB storage”, in to order to read your media files on it.
* It needs “modify or delete the contents of your USB storage”, in order to allow deletion of files and store subtitles.
* It needs “full network access”, to open network and internet streams.
* It needs “prevent phone from sleeping” in order to stop… your phone from sleeping when watching a video.
* It needs “change your audio settings”, in order to change audio volume.
* It needs “modify system settings”, in order to let you change your audio ringtone.
* It needs “view network connections” in order to monitor whether device is connected or not, to hide the streaming parts.
* It needs “draw over other apps” to start the popup menu.
* It needs “control vibration” to give feedback on the controls.
* It needs “run at startup” to set recommendations on Android TV launcher screen, only used with Android TV version.